Tuesday, May 06, 2008

umbut - to doubt - a term to express doubt when talking about designs of an engineering nature

I had this weird dream last night that I was an electrical engineer for some mining company... actually in my dream I was a consultant for the company....but no matter. So I'm sitting around this table at a restaurant with other engineers and everytime someone has an idea about something, this one guy across the table from me says.... "ummmmm but" and then gives a reason why he doesn't think it won't work. Then this waiter comes over and he says to him that we're discussing the "umbuts" meaning the doubts about the design. It just stuck with me. So now I'll introduce this new term to the world... (unless somebody else already made it up).... welcome to "umbut".

So....

Umbut, I think that term may already have been used somewhere dude.

Ok, bye for now.

No comments: