Friday, August 24, 2007

hydc

hydc = here's your damn cart

It's an acronym a friend of mine came up with at work since it seems like there is always a lot of uncertainty about how long we will have our jobs...and lately it's just gotten a lot worse....

It can be pronounced by just saying each letter or saying "hide C".

My friend tells me it means "Future employment training 101".

Of course the reference is to the idea of a "fallback" job at the ubiquitous evil empire....that empire being the cancer that invades small town America and munches it up and moves on once the downtown is dead to force people to drive to the next SC and leaves behind hulking, empty, monoliths where once the shopping carts roamed blissfully sucking up the falling prices.....

and we all know that there is only one mother ship store... and that we enter through a space-time continuum... how else can you explain how identical each of them are? I always worry that they'll forget which portal I entered through... but then, I digress.....

Another fallback job provides this expression from my friend:

"Can I super size that fatso?"

... and There are other cynical expressions and acronyms to get us through our cynical, jaded days as our greedy "leaders" slowly suck the life out of us....barely keeping us alive so that we may serve them yet another day until it is time to throw us away...... perhaps I'll share these expressions with you at a later date....I do have to admit, in my case, I like the golden handcuffs. I often enjoy coding applications for the people I work directly with and I have it pretty damn good... and that's what makes that looming uncertainty such a pain in the *ss....

Anyhow, it's Friday! I apologize that I leave you for the weekend on that negative note, but then I bet a lot of you can relate....BTW, I'm going with the jaded corporate job theme on Monday and give you all one of Brad's songs, Banner Day, in two versions......one of which is just me and Brad and a drum machine... hahaha... you'll have to check it out....

Bye.

No comments: