Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Pics of using a hot needle on a smashed finger to release the pressure... Photos of smashed finger and fingernail fluid release using a heated needle


A number of friends recommended I poke my nail with a hot needle to relieve the pressure and save the nail.... so I tried it.... learned that you can't let the needle cool off... it sizzled on the nail when it worked and I realized you need to remove it quickly after you hear the sizzle...here's the pics of the operation....seemed to work ok...blackness is already diminished... bleeds a long time though... still bleeding as I type this... didn't hurt.

I'm not a doctor (though I have a friend whose father was a doctor)... so unlike me, consult one if you find yourself in the same situation.... =)


heating the needle to relieve pressure on swollen fingernail


hot needle about to make poke to relieve pressure on swollen fingernail


results of hot needle poking to relieve pressure on swollen fingernail

Here's all the posts documenting the smashed finger saga (in reverse order):

Anyone with a story of a smashed finger, I'll be happy to post it. Just drop an email or feel free to comment on this post or any of the others.

Here's one from a reader named Gordon:
http://soul-amp.blogspot.com/2008/11/photos-of-finger-that-was-sliced-by.html

And in the meantime, feel free to distract yourself with some delightful music from my band, Soul Amp:

http://www.soul-amp.com/Top_Ten_Songs.html

No comments: